12 Awesome facts about breastfeeding
Breast is best. I strongly believe that. Of course, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to breastfeed, but if it’s at all possible: do it!
Here’s 10 reasons why:
1. It boosts your baby’s immune system.
2. It lowers the risk of developing ovarian cancer later in life.
3. It helps you get rid of all the baby-weight faster.
4. It’s FREE.
5. It’s always at the right temperature.
6. It’s so cozy! Snuggling up with your baby and watching your baby ‘pet’ you to encourage you to keep the milk party going is the best.
7. Adolescents and adults who were breastfed as a baby are less likely to be overweight. They are less likely to have type-2 diabetes and perform better in intelligence tests (so says the WHO…).
8. Breastfeeding can reduce new moms stress level and lowers the risk of postpartum depression.
9. Breast milk morphs to meet your baby’s needs.
10. Breastfeeding gives you a break from your period. How amazing is that!
11. No (or at least less) bottle sterilising. This may not seem like a big advantage, but it is. It really is.
12. Celebs do it (in public) too. Which obviously makes it cool. As of late breastfeeding has become more and more popular amongst celebs… Check out theses celebs’ breastfeeding selfies: